<!-- --><!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(http://www.blogger.com/css/navbar/classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3250712273134648940&amp;blogName=Cyberly.&amp;publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&amp;navbarType=BLACK&amp;layoutType=CLASSIC&amp;homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fpointblank-.blogspot.com%2F&amp;searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Fpointblank-.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" height="0px" width="0%" id="navbar-iframe"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div> It's never too late..to have a happy childhood :)
Monday, October 31, 2011
♥ Stupid Monash
Today I got told,

"You can either choose to have a social life, or no social life but a future like me"

It made me very angry. I don't think entry into honours or a postgraduate diploma or a career in psychology should be based on just pure academic results with a focus on lab reports and exams, but should instead be a based on a balance of academics, some sports, community work, and perhaps something a long the lines of a life? By just living your life through books, lecture notes, journal articles and in the library or perhaps just coped up in your room, how are you supposed to learn life values. How on earth are you going to learn empathy, learn about the obstacles that life brings, learn that life is just not solely what the book reports, but something you actually need to go out and experience yourself?

ARGH. It made me so angry. Values needed in a psychologists include that of empathy, sincerity, honesty, open-mindedness and the list goes on. You can't learn to be empathetic, sincere, honest or open-minded just by reading journal articles or your text book! Oh my goodness, sometimes I honestly wonder how some of the Monash psychology graduates are like in the working world? What and who do their lives consist of? What are their days like? Well I've heard of a really intelligent one that suffered from a mental breakdown from all the stress and pressure from his years of studying psychology and now has no job or career and is just at home throwing tantrums all day long.

Anyway terrible terrible start to the day, until I got to see Nathan, who wasn't in the best of moods either. But his presence did make me feel significantly much better. Headed to the park, kicked a football around, missed 5/5 shots at goal and got 4/5 scored against me by him, played with some rocket look a like thing that sort of whistled when I threw it (forgot what it was called) - 'twas fun! Also got some endorphins in me. Arrived at his house with slightly reddish eyes, which I succeeded in hiding, and left his house in a very much better mood with a smile of my face :)


Grrrrrrr. 9th of November, PLEASE HURRY UP!!!