Saturday, January 1, 2011
♥ I love you yeye.
Ahhhh the end of another year. This year's gone by so quickly, too quickly in fact :( There are so many things I wished I could do if given a time machine. Sorry for the lack of posts, i thought i would post a massive post at the end of this year (to sum up the whole year as well, all the ups and downs ive been through).
So, where should i start. First thing first, this blog post is dedicated to one of the greatest men in my life - My Yeye\ (grandpa in chinese). My yeye passed away in the evening of Christmas day (25/12/2010). Being the oldest grandchild of this side (paternal) of the family, I obviously got spoilt rotten by him. He loved me so much, and according to my nainai, he loved me the most. All I remember was that, when i was young, he would put me in his car, and drive round and round singapore just so that I would fall asleep. Both him and my nainai were the first two to provide me with the experience of taking a train in Singapore, they had promised to take me to america before he got diagnosed with parkinsons. He would do anything when I was young, just so he could see me smile. He would comfort me and take me out whenever I got scolded by my parents for being a brat during my younger days. This year, Greg and I had put aside all plans to spend xmas with him and my nainai this year, with a simple home cooked meal. We were 2/6 of his grandchildren in singapore, as everyone else were overseas, but all these happened way to quickly :( Just the day before he passed away, he was still asking me about uni, my friends, what I was planning to do after I finished - if i was going to work for someone/ set up my own clinic. I guess it was time for him to go, for all his suffering to end, but it really happened too quickly, and I cry thinking about all the good times. My heart shatters whenever i see my nainai cry. I guess, the process of people coming and going is a crucial part of life, a part of life that we have to learn to deal with regardless of how old we are. Its been a really hard week, the hardest week I've had to go through in life, but looking on the bright side, I guess I'm really lucky having been able to spend 20 fulfilling years with him, being showered by so much love and getting spoilt rotten by him, being able to hold his hand while walking down the streets before he got wheel-chair bounded. He was a really kind and big-hearted and a very generous man that had a lot of love with him, and all everyone had with him were nothing but amazing memories. Im sure he's gone to a land far far away, filled with nothing but happy things, rainbows, butterflies, lots of pretty flowers and sunshine. He's lived a good 80 years and for as long as we live, my nainai will continue leading an awesome life, getting showered with nothing but all our love, and my yeye? He'll always be in our hearts, forever and always :')
Thank you so much to all of you that's been there throughout this rough period, regardless of coming down to the hospital to hug me as i cried and cried, or for being there over the phone, or through text messages, or even if you sent me a simple text message/fb inbox message (All of you know who you are :') ) All the love and concern really meant the world to me.
Apart from this major recent incident, everything bad (in my perspective) this year seemed minute and petty. This then made me realise how much worse things could be, screw boys, screw friendship problems, its not that big of a deal like we portray it to be, things could be so much worse. This year has been a year that's taught me heaps:
1. Cherish those around you, life is too short for regrets.
2. Dont try too hard with things that are only one-sided, channel all your energy to someone who will make life more worthwhile, more meaningful (i always try to hard with the wrong person)
3. Without family, you are nothing. So love your family and tell them you love them as much as you can.
4. Friends that bother sticking with you, and making the effort through tough times, are friends worth keeping.
Other from this major incident, I must say this year has been pretty smooth, results have been good, apart from the crappy timetable this sem, I did get a really good one last sem and a couple of friends and I have worked around our uni timetable, hence being able to see each other lots. I love my family and have spent more quality time this year with the family. I love my job, I got taylor ;) I got my heart broken but time heals all wounds so all's good now :)


Thick and thin, we've been through it all :)
We've laughed, We've fought, We've cried.
I love all of you so so so very much
xx
ps: Mello gets to melbourne on sunday!!! cant wait cant wait cant wait.